Monday, June 22, 2009

Accomplishment Is Mine

 

                          windowslivewriter2007ayearofaccomplishments-a186accomplishment-220x153-2

         Today, I started thinking about how rewarding it would feel to complete something you started at one point but just never finished. So, it's no secret that I'm a writer and that I’m juggling multiple projects, and so, I’ve had a project that is going really well, but for some reason, I’ve just put on the back burner. I started it today and decided it was time to come back to it, so I did. And, I like to remind you that it doesn’t have to be just a professional project you are doing, but it can also be something as small as rekindling an old friendship which I also did today. When you do this, I whole – heartedly believe that you will feel as accomplished as I feel right now, and if you feel a fraction of what I feel right now, then maybe just maybe, you’ll have a great day and be on the path to a better you.

        How many of you have ever started that great New Year’s Resolution only to stop after the New Year is over? How many of you have had the desire to do something but aren’t doing it? If these describe you, the please learn from my example and start doing what you love to do or are putting off today. We aren’t guaranteed another breath, so make the most of your time here on earth. Everyone has a unique gift and talent, and whether you know or not, you can do great things in this world. I feel accomplished for all the things I’m doing. And I’d love for all of you to experience this feeling and to share it with those closest to you and those and the world.

         So, rekindling an old friendship was something I wasn’t expecting today but nevertheless was rewarding. In many ways over time, people can remain the same and people can change. I talked to an old friend who I haven’t talked to in about two years. Our lives have certainly gone in different directions, but you know, it feels really good inside to have reached out to her and to have rekindled this old friendship. People may change, but the bond you had may always be there, or at least there to be strengthened again.

         So, this project I’m working on that was put on the back burner is the first of a four part novel series. And, I forgot how much I enjoy writing about these characters. To breathe life into a world and into characters is something so amazing that I’ll never stop doing. It brings so much joy and so much reward to me. As a writer and an artist, you have a natural desire to share your work with the world, but I’m at the point right now, where I just feel accomplished for even having the courage to do what I love to do. I’m surrounded by people and things that tell me I must not forget about the business side of my work, and I haven’t. But, it’s easy to lose sight of the business aspect when you get such pleasure and joy from doing what you love. There truly is no greater feeling, and it really makes you respect the idea of chasing your dreams and what makes you happy rather than simply chasing money. Time flies by when I write, and I love every minute. So, this is my hope for all of you. I hope that all of you can take my example and find what you truly love to do and do it. We all have passions and what better thing to do than to make your dreams and passions a reality.

         In closing, I’d like to say that things come up in our daily lives that make cause us to be stressed, overwhelmed, and pressured. We feel like there isn’t enough time in the day to do something. We must prioritize our time to accomplish the things that are most relevant to get done now. But, we must not forget to do those things we’ve been putting off or put on the back burner. Simply crossing a hurdle that you’ve been putting off can bring a new, fresh perspective not only to it but to your life as well. I challenge all of you to reach out and do something you’ve put on the backburner or rekindle an old friendship. Maybe, you won’t be as happy as I am right, but maybe, just maybe if you experience any accomplished feeling like I do right now, then you’ll be well on your way. After all, hard work and dedication brings us feelings of great accomplishment. And what better way to do that, then seizing the day and doing something to make yourself proud!

 

                           accomplishment

                           Blog Written on Monday, June 22, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment